Healthcare professionals worldwide agree that it is in the interest of your child’s health to have him cared for in his own home environment for the first year. The course will equip your domestic worker to care for your baby at home, leaving you with peace of mind to focus on returning back to work.
The training offered by our external specialist will make your domestic worker more confident and efficient in caring for your baby. Literacy is not a prerequisite as the manual is well illustrated and practical applications are done throughout the workshop to maximize her learning opportunity. The course is presented in your own home-environment and/or any venue of your choice with practical demonstrations.
Outline of Course
- Safety in & around the house
- Sleep safety and Sleeping & routine
- When baby is ill and what do I do?
- Changing nappies & nappy rash
- Bottle sterilization & preparation of feeds
- Feeding and Baby’s laundry
- What do I do with a crying baby?
- Bathing and Burping
- Basics of Dunstan Baby Language
Duration: Two 2-hour workshops on 2 separate days arranged to suite you.
- Is presented in the comfort of your own home and or any alternative venue
- Is presented in English or Afrikaans to suit your personal need
Your helper will receive
- A certificate of attendance
- A course manual, so that employers and delegates may use it as a handy reference guide
- Ranges from R980 per person,
- Group price negotiation is permissible
- No course will be conducted with any outstanding course fees
Play & Learn Workshops
Join one of our Play and Learn workshops offered by external specialist to make sure that you enjoy every minute with your child to the fullest. All babies learn through play and by using our researched playing techniques you will give your child the best possible learning foundation!
When and why attend a Play and Learn Workshop?
- You are a mother of a young child (0 to 4 years old)
- You want to involve your babies grandparents in baby's stimulation
- You are currently pregnant
- You have to go back to work, and leave your precious child with a nanny, day mother, granny or au pair
- You find it frustrating to fit in any stimulation classes and activities because most of them are scheduled during the day & week – when you have to be at work
- You are confused as to what toys to buy for your baby in order to appropriately stimulate him?
- YOU WANT TO MAXIMISE THE TIME YOU HAVE WITH YOUR PRECIOUS BABY!
Most of the stimulation activities can be incorporated into your child’s daily routine, so you can spend quality time with your child & maximize his potential while doing simple, everyday things such as bathing.
The Play & Learn workshop can be presented in the comfort of your home or any suitable venue of your choice will introduce you to a world of new ideas and fun activities to make your time with baby count.
- 0 Month -3 months
- 3 Months - 6 months
- 6 Months - 9 months
- 9 Months - 12 months
- 1 year - 2 years
- 2 years - 3 years
- 3 years - 4 years
- Bookings can be made by a group